There’s only one week left to apply for QMusic’s inaugural Women In Music Mentoring Program with applications closing this Sunday, 13 January. Designed by women for women, this novel program aims to provide mentees with resources to improve their skills and networking opportunities, while also working towards bridging the music industry’s gender gap.
Kicking off 29 January, successful applicants will design their mentorship experience and be allocated a budget to further advance their skills in desired areas with help from a specialist team of female mentors.
They say two minds (or three or four or more!) are better than one, and that’s the premise of this professional buddy system – helping women by pairing them with mentors spanning several levels and facets of the industry (think marketing, tourism, public speaking, change management, and export management to name a few). Mentors will assist mentees in identifying hurdles in their fields, and provide both industry and personal advice over three 90 minute sessions throughout January – March.
This year’s mentors include:
- Marketing and small business professionals Jill Brennan and Kayleen Allen, both with over 20 years experience in their fields.
- Lindy Chen – one of Australia’s foremost experts on doing business with China, and winner of the International Woman Of The Year Awards’ Stevie Award 2015.
- Personal and professional leadership and management development expert Pushpa Bakshi.
- Career coach Karen Schmidt whose background lies in human resources, focussing on public speaking and leadership.
- Business Management gurus Cathy James and Jayne Arlett, who specialise in events management and commercialisation, respectfully.
With such a stellar line-up of empowering female business leaders on board, how could you not apply to make these ladies your own professional girl gang? QMusic’s Women In Music Mentoring Program is all about inspiring others to take chances – so take the leap and APPLY NOW.
Applications for QMusic’s inaugural Women In Music Mentoring Program close this Sunday, 13 January. Successful applicants will be notified on 21 January, with mentoring sessions commencing 29 January. For more information and to apply visit QMusic’s website HERE.