Passionate and driven to revive the thriving Gold Coast music scene since the impact of covid-19, Mo’s Desert Clubhouse have launched an exciting new artist-centric, audio-visual livestream adventure named Desert TV. Funded by the Gold Coast City Council and Queensland Government, the innovative initiative gives six local artists the opportunity to perform for a ticketed livestream with their set professionally filmed for broadcasting.
A creative hub that has championed local and independent music since 2017, Mo’s is a beloved staple of the Gold Coast music scene. Founded by creatives Christian Tryhorn, Kimberly Ferguson and Emilia Lorena, the vibrant space provides an exciting outlet for musicians, making it the idyllic setting for a novel livestream series. A welcome silver lining amidst the chaos the music industry finds itself in, Desert TV is a thoughtful and heartfelt project that provides solidarity and support to Mo’s fellow creatives and community.
If you are a Gold Coast artist out of gigs due to the circumstances of covid-19, Desert TV could be the leg up you’ve been looking for. Here’s a few reasons to throw your hat in the ring:
- See your name in lights. All aboard the hype train! These six livestreams will be the talk of the town with local, national, and international exposure all part of the campaign.
- Pay for play. The six successful applicants will be paid a flat fee for their performance plus a cut of the livestream income. Double-whammy awesome!
- Engagement baby. Re-engage with your fans and show them what you’ve been working on, all while gaining some new followers along the way.
- Cool creative content. There’s no home setup here (and the tech issues that come with it). Your Desert TV appearance will be professionally filmed at Mo’s Desert Clubhouse, giving you scroll-stopping content to post everywhere. Consider it a free piece of professionally crafted promo you can use to impress not just your fans, but industry personnel, for years to come.
- Mo’s mates. Last but certainly not least, you’ll be joining the Mo’s Desert Clubhouse family, which is pretty sweet! Meet the team, get amongst the space, and get creative.
Desert TV are looking for Gold Coast musicians (at least one member must be a Gold Coast resident) who meet the following criteria: musicality (is this music performance of a high standard), live presence (will the live set be exciting set?), market readiness (is the act ready to be pushed out through international channels or has already formed pathways?) and social media (does the act have a solid social media platform?). Selected acts will be required to attend a four-hour live shoot in the next two months.
As the theme song of the infamous sitcom Friends goes: when it hasn’t be your day, your week, your month or even your year…[Mo’s Desert Clubhouse] will be there for you.
To get amongst Desert TV and apply for this brilliant initiative, send your response to the application criteria (listed above) to email@example.com by 5PM this Friday, 19 June.