She’s taken out a Queensland Music Award, won an ACS QLD Gold Award and played renowned festivals including Splendour In The Grass, Falls Festival and Big Pineapple, and now Gold Coast pop songstress Doolie is wooing audiences with her new record hope u like my mixtape.
A mouthpiece for millennial romance delivering a fresh blend of mid-tempo pop/R&B with a dramatic edge that has seen her signed to record label, EtcEtc; collaborate with leading producers like PACES, POOLCLVB and XMPLA, Doolie is bringing her magic to the stage once more, helping to breathe life back into the live music scene amid covid-19 restrictions.
Ahead of her Brisbane and Gold Coast shows this month, we asked her to share some fun facts about herself that many people don’t know. Here’s what we learned about one of the Gold Coast’s fastest rising stars…
FUN FACTS ABOUT DOOLIE
- I love dumplings! I’m a massive fan of Asian cuisine, it’s my ‘go to’ food when I’m out and about, instead of getting a Happy Meal from Maccas, I get myself some gyoza, (preferably pork), edamame and miso soup and dumplings are like my Scooby Snax!
- I live with Type 1 Diabetes. This is a condition I have lived with since I was six years old. It’s pretty relentless because you can never have a ‘day off’ managing sugar levels. When I perform or in the studio for the day, I make sure that I have fuelled up and have plenty of supplies to keep my levels in the zone. I also make sure that people with me know what to do if I have a hypo.
- I taught my dog ‘Ockie’ to sing – he is so cute and clever! It started when I was playing piano working on a song a while back and he sat beside me and started to chime in. So, I thought, I can work with this and now he sings on command.
- I have a massive fear of caterpillars and spoilt-milk. I don’t know why but they have always creeped me out, big or small. And milk, if it’s close to its use by date – I can’t touch it, we’re not friends!
- I’m a big Disney princess fan – Pocahontis, Belle and Ariel. I have watched these movies a thousand times over and used to love dressing up as them, singing away in my own Disney world.
For a night full of glowing electro-pop, power vocals, new tunes and a damn good time, grab tickets to one of Doolie’s upcoming local shows.
HOPE U LIKE MY MIXTAPE – DOOLIE